IRIS: International Repair Information System
In 1994, the EACEM (European Association for Consumer Electronics Manufacturers) started activities via the EASSC (European After-Sales Service Committee) to promote a universal coding system, called IRIS, and a common Warranty claim form throughout Europe. An official Recommendation was issued in 1995.
DIGITALEUROPE members actively update and manage the IRIS Repair Coding System.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get connected to the IRIS Steering Committee.
IRIS training material
- IRIS, Why and How (.ppt): A basic introduction. Please click here.
- A new full version of the latest IRIS code and all translations (version 6.14) is available for download as an Excel database here (.xls).
- IRIS Course: A basic training course on the contents and use of IRIS. Please click on the link for the training COURSE (.ppt).
- IRIS Quick Information: A quick reference code. Please click here (.doc).
DIGITALEUROPE Warranty Claim Format
DSDF – DIGITALEUROPE Service Data Format
- DSDF INTRODUCTION
- Benefits for users – DSDF V1.7 DIGITALEUROPE Service Data Format
- DSDF technical Info: Technical Details for Implementation
- How to Use the DSDF
- DSDF Data Format Version 1.8
- Philips DSDF XSD Format