Releasing women’s potential for the digital economy: Women4IT launch event
Releasing women’s potential for the digital economy
The underrepresentation of women in the digital sector is a missed opportunity for Europe. Less than two in ten ICT specialists in Europe are women. The situation has not improved in recent years, even though there is a severe shortage of digitally skilled professionals.
Changing this situation will take time. Meanwhile, engagement and actions at all levels are paramount to show young women that technology provides valuable tools for boosting creativity and real-world problem solving.
On the occasion of launching the Women4IT* project, we are pleased to invite you to the expert networking event “Releasing women’s potential for the digital economy”.
Thanks to the support from the EEA Grants and Norway Grants Fund for Youth Employment, 700 young women will be trained in digital skills in seven EU countries.
- 9:15 – 9:30
Registration and Welcome Coffee
- 9:30 – 9:45
Welcome and Introduction
- 9:45 – 10:15
Digital economy: gender gap in the labour market.
- Vessela Karloukovska, Digital Economy and Skills, DG GNECT, European Commission.
- Mara Jakobsone, Vice-president and Information Society and Digital Skills project manager, Latvian Information and Communication Technology Association (LIKTA)
- 10:15 – 11:45
Why Women in ICT?
- Austėja Trinkūnaitė, Secretary General, CEPIS
- André Richier, Principal Administrator, DG GROW, European Commission
- Susanna Makela, Senior Director, Microsoft EU Affairs
- Melissa Delissens, EMEIA region, Fujitsu
- Eva Fabry, Director, European Centre for Women and Technology (ECWT)
- Dora Palfi, co-founder, Women@EIT Community
- 11:45 – 12:00
- 12:00 – 13:30
Actions to increase the participation of women in digital
- Laurentiu Bunescu, CEO, ALL DIGITAL
- Mark Schembri, Project Co-Ordinator, Malta Communications Authority
- David De San Benito, Head of Corporate Affairs, Cisco Iberia
- Sonia Gonzalez, Domestic Programmes Director, Plan International Spain
- Danny Gooris, Senior Manager EMEA, Oracle Academy
- Dr. Anastasiya Boiko, Deputy Project Manager, STEM Alliance
- 13:30 – 13:45
The way forward for Women4IT
- Linda Keane, Strategy and Operations Manager, Irish Computer Society
- 13:45 – 14:30
Registration: Register online before 7 December.
We look forward to starting a great cooperation on the topic!
We hope that you will be able to join!